If you would like to participate in the annual BBQ Contest, be sure to follow us so that you can be one of the first to hear about it!
Rules and what to expect:
After a blind judging, the winner will be announced immediately. Winner agrees to have their name and photo posted on the S.M.I.L.E. website and in the St. Marys Star.
NOTE:. If you are joining us for the food and games that follow, please bring a dish with enough food for yourself and one other person.
1) Make your own. You can use your grandma’s recipe, but if your grandma is the one actually making it, and you brought it (even with her permission), that doesn’t make it yours, so it doesn’t qualify.
2) $5 for each entry is due at the beginning of the contest. Contestants may have multiple entries.
3) Please bring your entry in a container that is clearly marked with your name.
4) Just before the blind judging begins, a coordinator will provide you with a closed container with a number on it. You will then serve a portion of your BBQ into the container. Other sides are not allowed.
5) Each judge will use the same system used by the Kansas City Barbecue Society to score out each entry. The entry with the overall highest score wins.
For more details be sure to check out the blog post specific to the year, located on the home page.